Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI All in Wonder 9800 Pro problems
gymboy689   2004-05-16 06:18
I have the AIW 9800 pro, and I was wondering how to get dual monitors. I can use a tv (with tv out) as a second monitor, but i want a regular CRT. I have also tried another video card, a secondary one, but none of the AIW features work, like tv...HELP
Meuh6879   2004-06-12 23:41
the 9800 series work very well in dual-monitor (2x CRT, 1 TFT + 1 CRT or 2x TFT). You must have the standard converter for the DVI port to plug a vga crt or tft monitor.

the problem is that you can use multi-monitor in the standard "desktop" of windows (with zoomplayer, you can play multiple movie in the 2 monitor separatly...but you can run only 1 apllication that it use D3D or OpenGL system.

2x 17' on a 9800Pro 128Mo
itou   2004-06-13 23:21
For the AIW 9800 pro or SE, there is only one DVI-I connector. so you must have a Splitter (DVI-D + VGA). but what is the primary monitor ? Mine is always VGA. Is there a way to tell that de DVI-D is the primary monitor ?
Brian   2004-07-30 07:59
I just ordered a DVI splitter for my computer. I have an AIW 9800 pro, which has only one DVI out and a S-video out. I was planning on plugging to LCDs into the splitter. Will that allow me to stretch the screen or can I only clone that way?
efernandez_98   2004-08-12 22:41
I've got the ATi AIW 9000/9700/9800 Pro to display to two seperate monitors using a DVI splitter cable (it seperates the digital and analog signals from the DVI-I port of the AIW cards. Go more info here, "http://www.3dgameman.com/reviews/aiw_dual_display/aiw_dual_display_setup.html"

As for setting which is to be the primary monitor... in the display control panel | Settings | Display, highlight the appropriate monitor and then check the box labeled, "Use this display as the primary monitor" The only caveat is that the BIOS / Boot Up Screen will always be displayed on the Analog Display until the Windows Drivers get loaded.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI All in Wonder 9800 Pro problems