Forums -> Multiple monitors -> !!!HELP!!! GeForce FX 5200 mulple display question
James   2004-05-27 11:39
I need help. I purchased a new system from Dell, a Dimension 4600 with the 128MB NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 card preinstalled. I have 2 DELL
UltraSharp 1901FP 19-inch Flat Panel Monitors that I need to hook up to the video card....
That particular monitor has both VGA and DVI-D inputs.

How can I do this?

I also purchased a DVI-I to VGA/ DVI-D (Single Link) Female - 1 Ft. Analog and Digital Y Splitter.

When I go to the Display Properties settings, there isn't an option to select a secondary monitor...help please!!!!

James
ECarlson   2004-05-28 04:31
What kind of output connectors does the video card have? If it has one VGA and one DVI, then you connect one monitor to the VGA, and one to the DVI. Unfortunately, without dual-DVI outputs, one monitor will have to run in analog mode. When I got my Dell Optiplex GX270 at work, I ordered a special NVidia video card with it, which has a special connector on the back, and comes with two different cables: One has a pair of VGA connectors, and the other has a pair of DVI connectors, so I can connect a pair of CRT's (like I have now), or (hopefully someday) a pair of digital LCD monitors.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
ECarlson   2004-05-28 04:35
PS: To run both monitors digitally, you can either buy a new AGP card with dual DVI outputs (NewEgg has a bunch), or add a PCI card with a DVI connector. Or maybe you can do an exchange through Dell for the card like I have in my Dell - The card does cost a little extra.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> !!!HELP!!! GeForce FX 5200 mulple display question