Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Anyone running a Dual-DVI setup via 2 video cards?
aphex   2004-05-31 15:23
I currently have an ATI 9700 running two Dell 1703fp's (one via DVI and one VGA). With the two of them side by side it is very easy to notice the difference btwn the DVI and VGA (mainly when looking at a black screen)

My question is, if i add a second video card (PCI) that has DVI out, and use both monitors on the DVI's, will the pictures be closer in quality?

Also, what card do you reccommend? Looking for something cheap (~$50) if it will do the job im looking for it to do :-)
Barton   2004-06-01 08:58
The short answer is "yes" it will look better.

As far as a second PCI-DVI card, visit www.newegg.com, click on "Shop By Category" and select "Video Cards."

Then search for "Interface=PCI" and "Ports-DVI=1."

I found 15 different cards ranging from $42 to $98. Be careful to choose a card that will play nice with the current ATI drivers you have installed. I have heard horror stories about ATI combos, especially if you mix ATI with other chipset manufacturers.

Personally, I would choose a DUAL-DVI AGP card or wait till the new PCI Express card come out that have DUAL-DVI outputs.

Good Luck!

Barton
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Anyone running a Dual-DVI setup via 2 video cards?