Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Thin Black Line across Primary monitor in W2K, upon Reinit of 2ndary Monitor
Ben Kane   2001-03-30 12:58
Primary: Nvidia GEForce 2 Ultra (1280x1024)
2ndary: ATI All-In-Wonder PRO (1024x768)

Whenever I deactivate my secondary monitor (using UltraMon), and then re-activate it (using UltraMon), a black line appears across my primary monitor. It's about 1 inch tall, runs horizontally, and is centered on the screen. I can get rid of it by changing the resolution of my primary display to something else, then changing it back.

Any idea of how to better solve this problem? Is it just some driver fluke that I'm going to have to live with for now?

Other than that, everything is working just dandy fine. No unexpected problems with anything else.

Thanks,
Ben Kane
Ben Kane   2001-03-31 03:28
I've managed to bypass the problem, by just running the primary display at 1600x1200. The problem no longer exists. I like this resolution anyways, so I think I'll stick with it.
Christian Studer   2001-03-31 07:58
Maybe UltraMon doesn't restore the original refresh rate when re-enabling the secondary monitor, and you get interference.

But it could also be something else: if you disable the monitor from Display Properties, then re-enable it again, do you get the same black line?

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Nick   2001-04-03 14:03
Same happened to me when i took my comp to my mates house. I just put it down to his monitor being sh*t.

Absolutely fine when i got home
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Thin Black Line across Primary monitor in W2K, upon Reinit of 2ndary Monitor