Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dualview on Compaq Presario 700 with S3 Graphics Twister K
Danny   2004-06-03 11:06
I've been trying to use my external, 17" Samsung monitor with my Compaq Presario 700 running Win XP, as a dualview/multimonitor setup. So far, no luck. The video card seems to be a S3 Graphics Twister K.
It did connect, and work, but only as a duplicate image (very same as the main monitor, not an extension). I checked the display settings, and the computer does recognize having two monitors connected, but it won't allow me to set the external one as dualview.
I consulted with Compaq online, and their tech support said this computer SHOULD support dualview. But he wasn't very convincing. He told me to download drivers from a certain site, and re-install them, which should fix the problem. I did, but nothing changed.
Anyone have any comments or suggestions? Anyone I can find better, newer drivers for this card, which would allow for it? Is there such a thing as laptops not allowing for dualview connections?
Thanks in advance!
Danny.
Christian Studer   2004-06-03 22:54
Are both monitors enabled in Display Properties? You can enable a monitor by checking 'Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor'.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dualview on Compaq Presario 700 with S3 Graphics Twister K