Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Trouble setting up multiple monitors for the first time
Mick   2004-06-09 19:43
I have a laptop with an Intel Celeron 2.6GHz processor and Intel 845G chipset with an integrated 82845G graphics controller. This is
running Windows XP Home and I would like to use multiple monitors. Is this possible and if so, how please?

I have downloaded and installed the latest driver (6.14.10.3762) for the chipset but there seems to be no multiple monitor support in Control Panel-Display-Settings.

The intel site says "Multi-monitor is supported on most IntelĀ® 82845G graphics controller-based systems using PCI video cards to support
additional monitors. With the latest IntelĀ® Extreme Graphics Drivers for the Intel 82845G graphics controller, the integrated video can be
either the primary or the secondary display adapter. Multi display is not possible with the onboard display and an AGP add-in card (the AGP
card will disable the onboard graphics).". However, I'm not quite sure where that leaves me. I'm not too sure I understand all the talk
of PCI and AGP and the mention of "most" 828245G systems isn't very
helpful.

I have read in other places that an update to the BIOS may also be necessary but I can find nothing about video/monitors in my BIOS and I can't find a more recent BIOS.

This is all on the edge of my technical knowledge so I'd appreciate any advice at all. It may be that it is simply not possible to run multiple monitors with the hardware I have but I would like to know for sure. TIA
Mick   2004-06-10 18:39
I now understand this better. I do need some additional hardware. In fact the following spells out my options, thank you.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/guide/laptops.asp#LaptopMultimon1

Mick
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Trouble setting up multiple monitors for the first time