Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Deteriorating 2nd display in Win2k
Luke   2001-03-31 22:50
Hi all

I've spent quite a few hours trying to get the darn Dual Monitors feature in Win2k to work, but haven't had any luck so far. I'm using a Radeon 32mb DDR in the AGP slot, and a generic Nvidia Vanta 16mb PCI card as well. I have a 19" Sony CPD-G420 running off the Radeon (its quite nice ;) and a Samtron 15" monitor which will *hopefully* run off the Vanta card.

The problem is getting the 15" and Vanta to run properly in a dual configuration. The 'best' it's been so far is when the dual monitors appear to be setup ok, but on the 15" monitor there are sort of streaks of dots and other wierdness displayed. When you drag a window across to the 15" it gets all these strange pixels across it which get worse the more you move it. It also sometimes gets worse as you drag a window to and from the 19" to the 15". The display on the 15" also seems to deteriorate over time, sometimes getting to the point where if you move your cursor onto that display you 'lose' it and have to restart (ctrl-alt-del doesnt work).

I've tried using the Detonator 6.34 (which came with the card) and 6.5 drivers, and the 11.01 drivers but without any fix to the bizarre display probs.

Any suggestions as to what I should try next?

Thanks,

Luke
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Deteriorating 2nd display in Win2k