Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Playing d3d screensaver on secondary monitor whilst working on the first one?
vietnow   2004-06-11 08:29
Hey there.

What i would like to do would be to have a secondary monitor running a screensaver, the problems so far are that the screensaver i want to use is a d3d one which does not run in preview mode, and it also needs to be running all the time whilst you can work on the primary monitor.

It will be running on WindowsXP, as for the system well i am not sure of the final spec but that isn't really important - i am not asking if this will work on my current pc or anything like that, but simply if it is possible and if so any specific cards/drivers aswell.

The main difficulty appears to be the fact that it does not work sufficiently in preview mode, which makes it much more limited than others.

Any help is appriciated, cheers!
vietnow   2004-06-11 08:40
It would also be useful if the application could be made transparent to the primary monitor, so that it isn't easily messed up by someone who is fiddling around on the machine. Having a system tray icon would be perfect as XP allows you to hide these, which would be great.
Meuh6879   2004-06-12 23:29
the official release of "Matrix" Screensaver (version "Reloaded") with 3D sprite work very well the multi-Monitor (it's a macromedia application in full viewed mode).

2x 17' on a 9800Pro 128Mo
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Playing d3d screensaver on secondary monitor whilst working on the first one?