Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Quadro2 Pro + XP = 2nd monitor not recognised
Cem K   2004-06-23 21:28
Hi,

Running a workstation (Compaq Evo6000) and have just recently installed XP onto the machine. I'm using the Quadro2 Pro graphics card and since moving to XP, the machine no longer recognises both monitors.

They both work, but they both show the same thing. (Sony E500 and Taxan Ergovision 975).

I've got the latest nVidia software and drivers, but still can't get XP to understand that I am using 2 monitors. The Quadro2 Pro card has 2 monitor outs, but one has an adaptor to work. All worked well with NT, but I'm now stuck - please help.

Cem
Pine   2004-06-23 23:05
sounds like they are set in clone mode. go into display properties\settings\advanced\select the tab which has the nvidia logo amd card name. then, on the first drop down list, selects 'Dualview'. if this is already selected, then i dont know whats happening, hopefully someone else knows.

good luck.
Pine   2004-06-23 23:06
edit> 'and card name'
Cem K   2004-06-24 00:25
Hi -

Thanks for that, although I do not have the Dual View option - I assume it's because XP still cannot see the two monitors seperately.

Cem
ECarlson   2004-06-24 12:54
Did you upgrade to XP, or do a clean install? You might need to uninstall all drivers, and get it running with the standard VGA drivers. Make sure you get it to where you can reboot more than once, and and have it coming up with the standard VGA drivers each time. Once you're at that point, reinstall the latest NVidia drivers, and reboot one extra time for good luck.

Sometimes you have to go through the whole above process twice for it to take.

You might also try older NVidia drivers, as long as they still support your card.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Quadro2 Pro + XP = 2nd monitor not recognised