Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Computer shutdown with 4th Monitor
Eric_the_Tech   2004-06-25 06:04
Hello everyone. I am a tech and have a client that has 4 21" flat panel Dell monitors with a Matrox G200 Video card. The system was working fine till we upgraded to motherboard. Now when he is using his stock programs and drags 2 or 3 windows to the 4th monitor the whole system resets and reboots.

I have never seen anything like this before. Please if anyone can help, thank you.
ECarlson   2004-06-25 12:26
If you upgraded to a different motherboard, did you also reformat the hard drive and reinstall the OS, or were you replacing it with the same exact model motherboard? Did you install the latest BIOS on the new motherboard?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Eric_the_tech   2004-06-28 06:03
I don't konw if the person reformatted the HD. It don't seem like it. I did update the BIOS and drivers. He has a lot of stuff and special applications on his hard drive. Don't think he will be too happy if I tell him that I have to format and start over again.
ECarlson   2004-06-28 10:24
Then, at least, uninstall and reinstall the latest video drivers. If you changed to a completely different model motherboard without installing Windows from scratch, things might not work as expected.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Computer shutdown with 4th Monitor