Forums -> Multiple monitors -> primary monitor goes blank 2nd blank
wayne turnquist   2004-07-01 02:18
i added the nvidia 118pci-32ddr video card

after installing the video driver, it want to reboot. during bootup the primary monitor goes blank and the 2n monitor stays blank

what should i check

i notice that the nvidia wants to install a control pannel. nothing happens when i try to open it up in safe mode. how/where can i just get the video drive with not the other options

to get up and running, i go into safe mode add/remove programs and remove the nvidia control pannel, then reboot. my primary monitor will then work and the secondary has a blue box taking up have the screen. then windows starts the hardware wizard to install a drive for the video card.

i have went through the wizard multiple times and get the same result. this is on a windows 2000 professional.

am i doing something wrong
Christian Studer   2004-07-01 08:53
Not sure what would cause this, but you could check if the AGP card is set as primary in BIOS, see the FAQ for details.

As far as I know, Nvidia drivers will always install a control panel item, if you uninstall the Nvidia item in Add/Remove Programs, the driver as well as all other components get uninstalled.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
wayne turnquist   2004-07-02 08:48
here is the stats/what i have done

i called jaton and they told me to uninstall all extra drivers and vido card and get the system working with the on board video. so i did

then i was to install one of the nvidia cards and set bios to pci as primary and my bios had the option to use multiple monitors. so id and i was able to get the onboard video driver to work with the one nvidia card.

greate, then i was instructed to install the 2nd nvidia card. so i did and i could not get the onboard and the two pci nvidia cards to work. so i took out the 2nd card and i had my two monitors back working.

so i then installed the at radeon 9000 agp card. then in the bios the option for multi monitor was gone and the only option was what was to be used for the primary, which i left as pci

i installed the driver and it work. greate i have two monitors again. so i installed the 2n nvidia card and reboot.

1st card in slot 1
2nd card in slot 2

the primary output when to the 2nd card and the 1st card had a 1/3 blue box on the monitor. so i went to the display pannel and selected extned desktop to the 2nd nvidia card. so far so good.

i then tryed to set the extended option on the 1st nvidia card, and my pc locked up. the only way to get access to the desktop again was to pull out the 2nd nvidia card.

so right now i have running is the 1 ati and 1 nvidia card. im now going to install the ultramon software

this is on a hp vectra vl400 running win 2000 pro

what steps/solutions to ge the 2n nvidia card to work so i have 3 monitors insteade of 2

thanks

wt
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> primary monitor goes blank 2nd blank