Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Using 2 cards, 4 monitors and all run the same program
Jim   2004-07-07 07:17
Is it possible to set up XP Pro with 1 dual head AGP and 1 dual head PCI card and then run all as one desktop? I would like to run game on 3-4 monitors, like surround vision. Not sure how to approach it. Do I need a 3 or quad head video card?

Also, video card has min system requiremetn of 300 watt power supply. My supply is only 250. Will this be a problem.

Had AGP card working fine then added PCI card and now the PCI card seems to initialize first (bios POST etc) but never launches Windows. All monitors are black.
ECarlson   2004-07-07 09:51
Many games aren't written to run across multiple monitors (flight sims usually are though), but other non-game apps should work fine.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
David   2004-07-23 18:11
i had the same problem(black screen on bootup) i foudn that removing the CMOS battery, unplugging the computer, and reinserting the cmos battery solved the problem, im running a ATi Radeon 9200SE and ATi radeon 7000 pci both dual head
xoff   2004-07-29 17:13
Hi I am asking for the same kind of thing, trying to find an alternate solution to the matrox parhelia (wich is quite poor en 3D) for flight sim IL2 FB...

If you are using a pci + agp card under xp pro try in bios to turn first video device on pci instead of agp it should solve your problem
Regards

Xoff
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Using 2 cards, 4 monitors and all run the same program