Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Zoom a section of primary screen in D3D or OpenGL?
Mobius   2004-07-08 10:29
OK, this is what I want to be able to do:

Select an area of the screen to zoom (preferably in pixel measurements from the top left. i.e. specify top-left, top-right, & bottom-left pixel locations to form a rectangle which is zoomed to the second monitor when a 3D API is in use.

It should be toggleable also - with a hot-key assignment (Something shift-ctrl-PrtSc or something like that.

Matrox had this feature in the first dualhead drivers way back in early 1999, but it didn't work in 3D mode.

Is this sort of thing possible in UltraMon scripting? Or does Ultramon go to sleep in 3D mode - or is not able to access the API?

Could someone from the Ultramon DEV team please reply?

Oh - and in case you're wondering, this feature is so I can display the Rearview in Descent 3, on the second monitor, where it would be blurry (enlarged substantially) but at least it would be large!!

How many escape pods are there?
NONE, SIR!
You counted them?
TWICE, SIR!
Christian Studer   2004-07-08 23:56
You could do this with the MirrorMon add-on for UltraMon, you'll probably have to limit the screen update to 1 fps due to performance reasons.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Zoom a section of primary screen in D3D or OpenGL?