Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Primary monitor always resizes
JasonC   2004-07-08 12:07
I am running a two-monitor set-up. All is well except when I bring the computer out of stand-by mode. Quite often my primary monitor's horizontal scale is out of whack... and I need to use the OSD of the monitor to re-scale it back down so it fits onscreen. Will be fine until maybe the next 'wake up', then it'll be out of whack all over again? Anybody else ran into this problem and, if so... how can I fix it?
Thanks a lot!

Jason
www.JasonCannon.org
ECarlson   2004-07-08 13:16
Buy a new monitor.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
JasonC   2004-07-08 21:35
It IS a new monitor, thanks.

Jason
www.JasonCannon.org
ECarlson   2004-07-09 11:23
Then exchange it. It sounds like it is either defective, or has a design flaw.

We recently got a new 19" CRT monitor at work, and it only worked at certain specific settings, and looked really bad at other settings. We exchanged it right away, for the same model, and the replacement works fine at any setting.

Barton   2004-07-11 09:11
Jason,

I just experienced something similar to this on my PC at my office. I just re-imaged it with XP Pro and am using a ATI Radeon VE card with dual monitors. Everytime I would boot the PC or bring it out of hibernation, I would either have to go into the display properties and reset the resolution or reset the vertical and horizontal positioning.

The cure...downloaded the latest catalyst drivers from ATI. Problem solved. Give that a shot. Of course, if you have a different brand of card, get their respective updated drivers.

Barton
Jason Cannon   2004-07-12 03:39
Thanks for the input guys... I am off to download new drivers first... then will maybe go after a monitor swap.

-Jason
ECarlson   2004-07-12 08:21
Please let us know what happens.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Primary monitor always resizes