Forums -> Multiple monitors -> toolbar and icons
Brandon   2004-07-21 18:08
I a dual monitor setup right now, and i have windows toolbars on the top of bolth monitors, like, the left one has an address bar, and the right one has some toolbars and favrites, the problem is when another user logs on to the computer, then i log on again, all the toolbars are on the left screen, and when i move one back to the other, my icons dont like reccognize the toolbar is there, and reset thier location, they are partitaly hidden by the toolbar, anyone know how to fix this, or stop it from happening, it also moves winamp to the primary monitor.
ECarlson   2004-07-22 11:13
Is it happening when you logoff and another user logs on, or are you using Windows XP user switch feature?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Brandon VanBelle   2004-07-23 02:34
I am using windows xp user switch feature, cause i have the screen saver to come on, and when you move the mouse, it goes to the login screen.
ECarlson   2004-07-23 10:09
Perhaps turn off the user switch feature and use regular logins. I'm not a fan of the user switch: for one thing, if one user has a file or resource open, the other use sometimes can't access it.

Brandon   2004-07-23 12:19
well, if i log off and another user logs in, then they log off and i log back in, it doesnt do it, i like the user switch, cause i have things going on on my login, like downloads or whatnot, and my dad just logs in to check his mail, i dont want to have to log out each time.
Tantalus   2004-07-23 14:36
sounds like you need to use a program that will save your desktop icon positioning, etc.

ultramon is one such utility that will allow you to manually save your desktop...ultramon also does much more. besides ultramon, there are also other programs that can do the same.
ECarlson   2004-07-23 15:01
Or use multiple virtual desktops, so you just switch to another desktop for your father.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> toolbar and icons