Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop no longer connects with LCD projector using nvidia clone
Cynthia H   2004-07-22 05:33
We have been using a Dell laptop and an LCD projector for about 1 year now using cloning. Out of the blue, cloning no longer works. The option for cloning is grayed out. Any ideas if there is a setting that I am missing?
Dave   2004-07-25 05:25
Is it possible someone/something has fiddled with your graphics driver? Perhaps looking at the driver version will indicate if the date looks more recent than you'd expect? Maybe then rolling back the driver might fix the problem (although perhaps only temporarily).
ECarlson   2004-07-25 12:01
I notice on my work Computer that Windows Update wants to install an older NVidia driver than I already have installed. So maybe someone ran Windows Update on your computer, and unwittingly installed a different video driver. Or maybe they knowingly updated the video driver to a newer one, which happens to be missing that feature.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop no longer connects with LCD projector using nvidia clone