Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual DVI PCI Cards
Mesach   2004-07-30 05:13
Anyone know of any Dual DVI PCI Cards? my main MOnitor is a 19" Samsung with only VGA and now i have 2 samsung 172x's that i want to add to it but i would like to make them my secondarys and use the DVI with both.

If i have to add 2 PCI Cards i will but myt computer is KINDA cramped so i would like to save the space if possible
ECarlson   2004-07-30 10:21
Yes. NVidia makes such a card, and NewEgg sells it, but the card comes with a dual-VGA cable, and you need a dual-DVI, which NewEgg doesn't appear to have. I posted about it earlier. It's not a super-fast card, so I hope you don't plan to play 3D games on the additional monitors.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
mesach   2004-08-02 11:45
Yeah, I do plan on playing games, I just aquired 2 samsung 172x LCD's and they are DVI/VGA, my main screen is a Samsung syncmaster 192N and it does not have DVI, would i be better off trading the 19 for an 19 with DVI or going with another 172x, I really like the setup they had in Oceans 11 with the 15-19-15 on an ergotron stand, I've been enamored with multimonitor setups ever since.
ECarlson   2004-08-02 13:16
FYI: Many games don't work well on more than 1 monitor, or so I've read.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Seahorse   2004-08-13 00:20
Plenty of games play just fine. They're a pain to look at on Dual screens because the monitor bezels cut your view in half. Odd numbers are better.

Games are usually painless to set up these days on nVidia based solutions, and a quick google is normally all it takes if 'Horizontal Span' does not run the game 1st time.

You doo need some oomph from your PC to get them going at an acceptable rate - i.e. Forget Doom 3 for instance ATM until PCI-X board can accept dual graphics cards...

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com Soft Deep sea Daddies...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual DVI PCI Cards