Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Error code 10 (trouble with dual monitor set up AGP and PCI)
DH350   2004-07-31 19:07
Ok heres what I was trying to do. I have a Dell Dimension 4300 with the nVidia Geforce2 MX/MX 400 in the AGP slot and I was trying to add an old Trident ProVidia 9685 card (out of an old Win98 box vintage lol). Well I did everything I read to do but No matter what I tried (bios, update drivers, swap PCI slots) I kept getting an error 10 code......Display Properties does not "see" the secondary monitor, due to the code 10. Microsoft Support shows the Trident card as being able to support dual monitor set ups. When Bois is changed (PCI set to primary) Windows freezes on startup.

Is there any way that I can get this to work of am I doomed until I get lucky and someone takes pity on me and I get a newer video card that has the capibility to do this with one card? If any one can walk me through this I would appriciate it.

More details of set up:

Primary monitor : Sony GDM 20SEZT/20E3T
Secondary Monitor: Dell 771
nVidia Driver Version: 6.1.7.7
ECarlson   2004-08-01 04:07
What happens whey you remove the AGP card and only use the PCI video card?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
JonnyC   2004-09-22 18:48
I am having exactly the same problem as above, when loading windows it appears to load on the second (pci) monitor, then switches on the primary monitor with a grey screen (purple bar down left) and freezes loading on the secondary.

In bios I cannot assign an IRQ to both monitors, just to the one set as primary, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
JonnyC   2004-09-22 18:49
Please email me with any hints at jon.cording NOSPAM AT mmgroup.co.uk
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Error code 10 (trouble with dual monitor set up AGP and PCI)