Forums -> Multiple monitors -> S3 Savage4/Tri64+V Combination
reholmes   2004-08-02 08:45
I installed a S3 Trio64+V as a second PCI video adapter, the primary was an S3 Savage4, on a computer running Win98.

The OS found the adapter and found the drivers. The second monitor comes up with the message "If you can read this message, Windows has successfully initialized this display adapter - To use this adapter...." So, I can see the second adapter on the tab of the control Panel dialog, and it appears to accept the adapter as the number 2 display, but the desktop does not come up on the second minitor.

I've tried switching displays, minitors and relative position; no effect.

reholmes
Tantalus   2004-08-02 08:52
under display properties, click on the #2 monitor and then make sure you check on the 'Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor' setting.
reholmes   2004-08-02 08:57
Thanks Tantalus,

I did that, and no joy. However, the seems to respond, but the monitor still displays the "If you can read this..." message.

reholmes
reholmes   2004-08-02 09:09
Missing test in last reply: " dialog"

reholmes
Tantalus   2004-08-02 09:36
can you swap the primary monitor assigned to each card?...ie. try defining the trio64 as the primary desktop. do you see anything displayed to the screen then?
reholmes   2004-08-02 12:30
I don't know how to do that, but as I was searching around to find a way to do that, the second screen flickered, and voila, it worked.

So, I wish I could tell you more; I changed nothing, I didn't go anywhere I hadn't been before; it just started working.

If I learn more I will postit.

Thanks!

reholmes
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> S3 Savage4/Tri64+V Combination