Forums -> Multiple monitors -> win98 freezes when I setup 2nd Monitor (I don't mean card setup)
nightShade   2001-04-07 12:29
I have my both cards up and running. But when I change my second monitor from "unknown" to some other type (tried "Belinea 105060", "standard vga"), windows freezes.
Tried it with "System preferences" and direct registration manipulation, same result.

System's described below, what else do you need to help me?

(perhaps as a help: with direct registration manipulation, ist got initiated, but the normal "space character" seemed to be changed to some random pixeled character, but same at the whole monitor)

I'm using Win98 with a S3 Trio32(prim, Win98 native driver) and a Matrox Millenium G200(sec, 4.12.01.2640). Monitors are Monochrom 640x480(prim), 16bit colour 1024x786(sec).

Thank you in advanced...
nightShade   2001-04-16 11:48
I found a work around.
I still can't use the normal setup, but when I changed the registry entry of the monitor-type to a defined value, I can use a tool of my graphic card to setup correct frequencies (refused to work before due to "undefined monitor type"), especially refresh rate.
I think, the correct key is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\MONITOR\DEFAULT_MONITOR\\HardwareID
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> win98 freezes when I setup 2nd Monitor (I don't mean card setup)