Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Mouse Scrolling with 5 monitors
Dave   2004-08-09 19:50
Hi,

I have five monitors sitting side by side on my desk (sort of in a semi-circle layout).

Is there a way to "logically" connect the 1st monitor to the 5th monitor so I can scroll off the left hand side of monitor 1 with my mouse and appear on the right side of my 5th monitor. At present, Windows configures the monitors as:

[1][2][3][4][5]

I want [1] to "wrap" back to [5] so if I required to scroll from monitor [5] to monitor [1], I wouldnt have to do a massive scroll to the left, just a small scroll to the right.

I know that sounds confusing but it would be really cool to have Windows act as if you had a circle of monitors...and it would help me out as well.

Dunno if anyone knows how to do that.

Dave
ECarlson   2004-08-10 11:01
There was an earlier thread requesting this feature, but nobody knew of a product that would make that happen. Hopefully it will get added to UltraMon someday. If you do find a product that will let this happen, please let us know.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Thiadrik   2004-08-15 20:13
It is possible my dad has a IBM pc I hate that stuff but still.... in his mouse driver there is a option for it. If you slide the mouse of your screen on the left it apears on the right and the same with bottom and top
ECarlson   2004-08-24 14:49
Yes, but from my experience, that only works for a single monitor. When I turned that option on with more than one monitor, my mouse was stuck on the primary monitor: When it got to one edge of the primary monitor, it then jumped back to the other edge of the primary monitor, so there was no way to move the mouse to the second monitor.

If you've been able to make it work with more than one monitor, please let us know; and tell us what mouse driver, video cards, and OS you were using.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Mouse Scrolling with 5 monitors