Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multiple monitor on laptop
sreejith   2004-08-25 07:44
Hi,
I have an IBM T2 that has an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 video adapter. I want to connect two extra monitors to the laptop other than its LCD panel. Right now I have one of the monitors connected successfully and I am able to use both the LCD and the monitor and able to extend my desktop. So I can drag and drop stuff between them.

I have connected this monitor using the video port on the laptop dock. Now I need to add another Monitor to this setup. So I connected the second monitor to the video port on the laptop itself. But Win XP only recognises 2 monitors in the display properties...the LCD laptop screen is monitor 1 whereas both the external monitors are recognized as monitor 2. So the display on both the external monitors are identical.

Can I do something about this so that both the external monitors can be used to extend my desktop, other than buying another video card. Some driver or software that can do this for me.

Thanks,
Sreejith
Jeff Learman   2004-08-28 04:34
I believe your system only supports up to 3 displays: the laptop screen, the external monitor, and a TV screen (using the S-Video connector, if the T2 has one). I have a T30, and these three are the only options.

To get a third display, you'd need another video card. Perhaps you can get a CardBus/PCMCIA video card and use that to drive another monitor (I don't know whether these exist, but it's worth a try.)
Jeff Learman   2004-08-28 05:03

Also, see the FAQ page on laptop options. Not only are there CardBus/PCMCIA cards, you can also get a CardBus/PCMCIA PCI adaptor and use a PCI card.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multiple monitor on laptop