Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop C610 : 3 monitors possible ?
pieter   2004-08-31 22:07
Is there a way to use 3 monitors on my laptop Dell C610 :
1. build in TFT screen = no problem
2. external screen connected to VGA connector = no problem
3. third screen => ???

Tx.
Josh   2004-09-08 09:25
Why would you want to do a triple display setup on a laptop?

Sounds sort of funny.

At any rate the only way I could think of that working is by adding in a USB video card. Such video cards do exsists. They have a max res of 1024x768 from what I've seen. As for finding one I suggest google.

I don't really see any other way to rig it. Although if you had another computer you could rig it to send a video signal for the third monitor through the network and then display on the other computer. Of course that actually requires another computer (laptop or desktop)
ECarlson   2004-09-08 11:48
The MaxiVista program is one option if you have a spare computer to run the third monitor. You could also use a PCMCIA video card.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
John Knight   2004-09-10 21:26
yes, you are right. there are people that need over 3 displays. if you need any help or support just email me on: yourmom@hotmail.com :D

John Knight...
pieter   2004-09-15 22:39
I do need help. I want to know which solution you have for my 'problem'.

Which hardware should I buy (as cheap as possible) or which software can I use (freeware if possible) to connect an extra screen to my laptop.

At present I use 2 screens : the build in TFT screen of the laptop and a VGA screen connected to the build in VGA connector of the laptop.

I know that www.sitecom.com has a USB/VGA adapter, but their helpdesk told me it cannot be used to add a 3th screen to my laptop. So I am still looking for a solution.
Christian Studer   2004-09-16 05:13
The easiest solution would probably be to add a PCMCIA video card, see the FAQ for details.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop C610 : 3 monitors possible ?