Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Disable OpenGL on second Monitor only
Tang   2004-09-01 15:29
Title says it all. I have one vid card, Ti4200 nVidia with the latest det driver 60ish. When I run old games with OpenGl(ie Q3) the system runs opengl on both monitors. Two things happen that I would like not to. First OpenGL changes the gamma in the second monitor which almost makes it unreadable, but that is bearable. Second it hurts my framerate. It must be due to the fact the vid card is trying to render tow monitors and that is too much for my weak card. If I have a new card this would not be an issue, but I would like to find a way to isolate OpenGL to only run on my primamry. It this possible?

Tang
Kyle   2004-09-01 23:49
Is your video setting set to Horizontal span instead of Dual View?

www.beyondthefield.ssbm.org
Tang   2004-09-02 06:22
Dual.

Tang
Tang   2004-09-06 07:33
Anyone? I just want to disable OnenGL on my second monitor when playing OpenGL games. Is this even possible? ATM I'm just disabling the secondary monitor before I startup an OpenGL game. But I'd love to not have to do this...
Tang   2004-09-12 16:36
bump?
cameron   2008-06-02 15:27
i have the same wish. i dont care about ever having openGl on my second monitor, i just want it for simple text viewing, and i want my OGl apps to not consider it at all, and simply run on my primary. any way to do this?

.. a value of 2 shows up as 'custom', anyone know how to define this, ..namely, have second monitor not rendering opengl.
PROPERTY Label="multi_mon_config" Value="2"

regards.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Disable OpenGL on second Monitor only