Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon 9800 Pro compatability issue
Tom   2004-09-03 06:46
I have a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP card, currently running 2 monitors. I wanted to add another monitor so I bought my friends PCI e-Geforce4 MX440 SE. windows detected it, and i installed nvidia's drivers, but it never displayed any image, and when i would go into the settings tab of display properties, windows would give me an error saying the display drivers were too old for this version of windows. Has anyone gotten these two cards to work together??? Also whats the cheapest PCI card that will work with my 9800 Pro?

Thanks,
Tom
ECarlson   2004-09-03 12:11
Did you install NVidia's latest drivers, or some ancient drivers that came with the card (bad idea)?

I've seen a number of threads here describing how people got NVidia and ATI cards to work together.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Tom   2004-09-07 08:14
I downloaded the newest drivers from nvidia and ati for both cards.
ECarlson   2004-09-07 13:20
Then look through the other recent threads for the ATI + NVIDIA solution someone posted. I seem to remember that you have to download and run some ATI utility to uninstall one of the ATI pieces before installing the NVidia card and drivers.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Tom   2004-09-09 11:39
i tried the SMARTGART removal methods posted here before. Ive just about given up on getting the two cards to work together. Now im just looking to see whats a cheap ATI card that will work fine with the 9800 pro, im thinking radeon 7500.
Tom   2004-09-13 11:05
Well I bought a ATI Radeon 7500 PCI card and its working nicely with the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP card. And since they are both dual headed, now I can have 4 monitors! :)

Thanks for the help though,
Tom
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon 9800 Pro compatability issue