Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Wanted: PCI-based graphics card with DVI or DFP out
Michael Desmond   2001-04-11 05:03
I need a PCI card to act as secondary in a dual monitor configuration. Anyone know of such a card that also supports DFP or DVI out? Nearest I can figure is the Matrox G200 SD PCI with the flat panel upgrade.

Thoughts???

MD

"220, 221... whatever it takes."
Christian Studer   2001-04-11 05:47
That's probably your best option.

The only other PCI cards with DVI I'm aware of are the upcoming Appian Hurricane (dualhead, 1x DVI, 1x VGA), and the AppianX (4-port, 4x DVI).

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Michael Desmond   2001-04-11 08:03
Christian,

Thanks for the response. It sounds like the G200 will work under Win2K as a secondary graphics card in the BIOS. Any hints of it causing trouble in such a config?

By the way, this site is a terrific resource.
MD

Christian Studer   2001-04-11 09:06
Should work fine, no problems according to the database: query for G200.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Michael Desmond   2001-04-12 00:37
Thanks again. Just a quick FYI. Looks like there's a digital IO add on for the G400 and likely the G450 as well. I'll probably swing for one of those, if only to obtain longer active driver support from Matrox for this puppy. I want it to handle Windows XP down the line after all...

MD

0ctane   2002-11-15 02:16
This thread is pretty old, but I thought I would put in an update.
The "Powered by ATI" PCI Radeon 7500 by PowerColor has VGA and DVI output. With the latest catalyst drivers, the board works fine. I have a AGP Radeon VE installed also. The DVI output on each card hooks to "DVIator"s so that I can run 2 15" Mac Studio Displays on my Win XP box. IT was necessary to set my BIOS to load the PCI card first, and the card needs to be in the first PCI slot.
In linux (RedHat 8.0), this setup has not yet worked. I can get either card to display, but not both at once. My dualhead Radeon 8500 at work does not have a problem, so I am still tracking the issue.

Aim at the other guy.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Wanted: PCI-based graphics card with DVI or DFP out