Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Right-Click in Explorer
Jacob M   2004-09-10 14:10
I have a FX5200 which is running 2 monitors via a DVI->VGA adapter. The problem is that whenever i am in Explorer (windows xp) and right-click on a movie file (.avi, .mpg, .wmv) the secondary monitor blacks out temporarily then comes back. This problem does not occur when right clicking on any other type of file, just movies. Thanks for any information provided.
Josh   2004-09-11 18:34
My computer actually has the same problem. For me anyways it's caused because I disabled some of nvidia stuff from starting up via msconfig. Parts of their drivers which I just don't find usfull and wastes space.

To be more clear it has something to do with the "Nvidia Display Control Panel Extensions". Since I disabled some stuff it tries to add some extra options to the right click menu but fails and causes a half a second black screen.

COnsidering you did the same thing as me you could solve the problem by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and then not changing stuff in your startup. :)
ECarlson   2004-09-12 03:01
Does turning off NView Desktop Manager make the problem go away?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Josh   2004-09-12 04:51
Turning it off has more to do with making it appear then go away.

Although maybe if you turn it off using nvidia tools rather then msconfig it would make the problem not appear.
Jacob M   2004-09-14 21:33
Thanks for your replies. I re-installed XP with SP1 instead of SP2 and the problem has gone away (also had another problem where the computer would randomly restart). I guess I wont be using SP2 for a while :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Right-Click in Explorer