Forums -> Multiple monitors -> DVI and s-video out.....
Doug Sandquist   2001-04-11 12:43
I have a digital flatpanel monitor mounted on a articulating arm(viewsonic VP151). Which means it needs to be hooked up to the DVI port. I would like to clone the flat panel to a regular 20 inch television. Now this should be possible with the latest cards available. When we purchased the flat panels last summer there were only a few cards that would power the displays. Mainly, the nVidia Geforce family. A few months ago nVidia released the GeForce II mx with TwinView capability. I purchased one from EVGA and it runs the flat panel well but does not send the 60 hz signal to the TV. Then I purchased the Radeon VE, which should have the same functionality, and this card will not power the flat panel for me. The drivers will not even load. Has anyone been able to get the Radeon VE to power a DFP through the DVI port? Sorry for the long post. any help is appreciated

Doug Sandquist
Robby   2001-04-20 01:15
Hello!

I just bought and installed the Radeon VE. Installation was a little bit complicated cause first you have to install standard vga drivers (Ati setup prompts you for that) After you installed them you have to run setup from the ATI driver CD. When finished, everything should work also a DVI. But you cannot run a DVI and a TV at the same time!! (it is also mentioned in help menu) It seems that they use the same RAM DAC... So you can run 1 CRT 1 DVI or 1 CRT and 1 TV or 2 CRT's at the same time.... Maybe your old card had the same "problem" DVI and TV at the same time are not possible...
Anothe thing: The ATI driver ruined one of my dll's I have a AMD Athlon 800, a Gygabyte board with AMD chipset, anyhow everytime I started Windows Media Player and other AVI Player the crashed... But only on this system! An older PII system worked fine... I fixed the bug extracting the devenum.dll from the Windows 98 SE Cabs (install WinAce for that)and overwriting the one ATI installed in Windows\System . Do this only if you will get chrashes in windows Media Player or other players...

Robby
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> DVI and s-video out.....