Forums -> Multiple monitors -> GeForce 6800GT AGP and Quadro4 NVS280 PCI - Error!
Chryorn   2004-09-29 16:59
Hello,

I am trying to get this combo to work, but no luck so far. It is a 3 monitor system with 3 NEC 1880SX.

Either one or the other card is working, depending upon which one is installed first. The second card is exclamation marked in Win XP's device manager, the marked card's properties claim lack of resources. Since it is not labled as a resource conflict but a gereral lack of resources it is not possible to view allocated resources and conflicts.

The Pine 6800GT ought to replace an ATi Radeon 9000Pro that was working without problems in combination with the PNY NVS280.

The mainboard is an Abit IC7-MAX3, newest BIOS and chipset drivers, I tried the current drivers for Geforce and Quadro cards from NVidia's website, as well as the WHQL 65.73 driver (it's an official driver provided from Siemens).
I mailed Pine's and PNY's technical support, but no responses so far.

Any somments and suggestions are appreciated.

Best Regards

Chryorn
Christian Studer   2004-09-30 02:30
Try if using a different PCI slot for the Quadro fixes the problem.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Chryorn   2004-09-30 12:43
Hrmpf... everybody knows that the golden rule when encountering resource conflicts is to take everything out of the system and test with only the absolutely necessary components. I disregarded that and left the AVM ISDN-controller (Fritzcard PCI) in. That little gadget resided in the last PCI-slot #5 and I never enountered a real problem with these cards in all my years setting up computersystems. Sometimes it needed a bit configuration under Win9x, but never anything that couldn't be fixed.

The NVidia cards are working flawlessly without the ISDN-card. The 6800Gt in the AGP gets inotialized as boot display and shows the WinXP start logo. As soon as I add the ISDN card to the mix the 6800GT produces a resource conflict when WinXP initializes the grafik cards and only the displays connected to the NVS280 PCI work. It doesn't matter which slot the ISDN-card is in.

I am really puzzled about this: After studying the resource information in the different configurations it seems as if the ISDN-card is claiming a memory range that usually gets used by the NVS280. The NVS280 reacts by grabbing some other memory range instead and that results in the 6800GT having resource problems. I end up with 2 working PCI-cards that both claim to have no conflicts and a completely unusable AGP card. Since WinXP insists that all cards are configured by the OS, no manual resource allocation, I see no work around.

Looks as if I have to replace the PCI ISDN card (needed for the fax function) with an USB version.

Best Regards

Chryorn
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> GeForce 6800GT AGP and Quadro4 NVS280 PCI - Error!