Forums -> Multiple monitors -> win2k annoying problems with multimonitor
loctus   2001-04-14 10:20
I am getting weird problems with multimonitor in win2k. Many times when I watch video files such as divx, mpeg, and avi and then seek, my secondary monitor would go black. I fix this by changing the resolution or refresh rate for the secondary card/monitor and then change it back to its normal settings. However, this becomes very annoying since I watch a bunch of video files. Sometimes, it goes black right after deleting any file from the system or closing the windows media player, but most of the time it is from seeking in the video file.

My configurations:
win2k pro with service pack 1
motherboard : asus p3v4x
agp card : nvidia vanta 8mb
pci card : nvidia m64 8mb

PS. Only the monitor connected to my PCI card goes black whether or not my PCI card is primary or secondary.

Thanks in advance.
loctus   2001-04-14 10:23
I forgot to add my driver version.

agp card version 3.78
pci card version 3.78

I use these drivers because they are stable in win2k.
Christian Studer   2001-04-14 13:17
Sounds very much like a driver problem, have you already tried more recent drivers? They have their own problems, but maybe not this one...

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
loctus   2001-04-14 15:11
thanks for the reply.

I tried driver version 5.22, and it still does the same thing. I just keep seeking the video file, and then sooner or later the secondary monitor/card goes out. However, I am able to move windows media player to the secondary monitor/card with these drivers. 3.78 would go make my secondary monitor goes black right when I move the entire windows media player to it. It would work if I move 3/4 or so, but when I move the whole thing, it goes black. Anyways, 5.22 fixes that but not the seeking problem.

version 6.xx crashes my system randomly every 30 minutes or so.

I have another problem with the secondary monitor. When I move my mouse cursor over an editable text such as notepad, wordpad, or this message that I am editing, my mouse would not show up. However, my mouse would reappear again if I mouse it out of this editable text. Has anyone had this problem before or know how to fix it? With version 3.78, I am able to move the mouse in and out of the editable text and sometimes it would show up in this editable text. However, with version 5.22, I am unable to do this trick. This problem is annoying.
loctus   2001-04-14 15:19
I just noticed that when I put my mouse over text in webpages, my mouse would disapper. However, when I put it over a link, it does not disapper. Only on my secondary monitor/card does this problem occurs. I have concluded that when the cursor changes to this image "I", it would disappear. This becomes a huge problem especially when I do my programming on the second monitor. If anyone have encountered this same problem or have a solution, let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> win2k annoying problems with multimonitor