Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PowerPoint with 4+ monitors
Jon Crain   2004-10-09 03:31
Hey,
I am trying to put together a computer, which will allow use to run our PowerPoint presetations on mirrored secondary displays. It's a little confusing, but think a dual screen PPT setup with your presentation on one screen and the slide sorter on the other, and multiply the presentation screen times 3. Yes, I know it can be done with splitters, but the quality just seems to suffer.
Will UltraMon allow us to do this? Oh another caveat...one of the outputs should be S-Video (TV-out).
What I was thinking was a dual AGP card for primary and first mirrored secondary, then a dual PCI w/TV outs for the second and third mirrored secondary monitors.

One final question, does mac (OS X) have anything like this program. OS 9 would allow us to do this, but X doesn't seem to.

Thanks!
jon
Christian Studer   2004-10-09 08:35
You could do this with UltraMon mirroring (Windows 2000/XP and later only), but you'll need to test if performance is sufficient for your needs.

Another solution might be to use PowerShow to run the same slideshow on multiple monitors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ECarlson   2004-10-09 10:22
MaxiVista software allows you to mirror your display to another monitor via another computer (which can be a slow/old computer), and you could use regular mirroring on that second computer to get 2 additional displays. Soon they will have a version that allows you to mirror one display to many computers. See the MaxiVista FAQ.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PowerPoint with 4+ monitors