Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Ultramon causing major problems!
DeeJay   2004-10-15 21:05
Ive run into some serious issues with ultramon.
Recently Ultramon has been randomly shutting down one of the monitors and causing my computer to hang. It does it to either the primary or secondary monitor, and the monitor completely loses its signal (displaying "No signal" on the screen) and the machine literally grinds to a halt (to the point where i can barely move the mouse!).

Turning off Ultramon stops this happening, but i dont want to have to stop using Ultramon. Its been working fine for about 3 months, but this has just started in the last month!

Anyone know whats wrong?
Christian Studer   2004-10-16 03:25
Sounds like a compatibility issue with software included with the display driver, or some other application.

If you are using Nvidia nView Desktop Manager, ATI HydraVision or Matrox PowerDesk, try if disabling the software fixes the problem.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
DeeJay   2004-10-16 05:21
I do have the nView software installed. How do i disable it though?
ECarlson   2004-10-16 10:38
If I was at work I could tell you how to turn off NView, but I think you just click on the NView icon and click off the "Use NView" item. I think you can also unselect NView in the NVidia display properties page.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Christian Studer   2004-10-17 02:02
You can access the nView settings via Control Panel, depending on the version of the drivers you are using you'll either have a checkbox or a button to enable/disable the desktop manager.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Ultramon causing major problems!