Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Recomendations for PCI card to buy for use with a PCIex ATI X800XT
DTox   2004-10-18 11:25
I've just picked up a ATI X800XT video card that does dual DVI output. The card is a PCI Express x 16 card.

The board that it goes on is an Asus P5AD2 board - only 1 PCIex x 16 slot, no AGP, only 2 other PCI ex x 1 slots plus some standard PCI slots.

I want to run a 3 monitor setup, and just to try things out I put a fairly recently purchased PCI GeForce2 card in.

When I fired up the system, the two monitors attached to the X800XT worked just fine, but all I got on the GeForce2 output was lines down the screen. Display Properties only gave me the 2 display adapters for the X800XT. The Device Manager reported the GeForce2 card correctly & didn't report any probs with the card.

I've taken a look through the forums & can't find anything about people using PCIex x 16 in association with other 'standard' PCI cards, so does any one have any thoughts on either:
a/. what I need to do to get my crappy little GeForce2 card to play nice
b/. alternatively, what card I need to be trying to locate that will play nice ?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

DTox
Maniac   2004-10-18 15:51
ATI and nvidia don't play nice together.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Recomendations for PCI card to buy for use with a PCIex ATI X800XT