Forums -> Multiple monitors -> KVM and Dual Displays
Scooby   2004-10-29 02:58
I just built my second rig for (quiet) surfing and other stuff. My first rig is for gaming, photo editing and for graphic. I am using 2 Samsung 19" LCD. Is there a KVM out there that could allow me to use to switch from rig to rig and output the to the 2 LCD and have USB and audio as well?

Thanks
ECarlson   2004-10-29 11:55
Yes. There is a list somewhere on this site (maybe in the FAQ) of some dual-monitor KVM's, and there is some discussion in the forums. For the sound, you could just mix the sound together, or feed one line-out to the other computer's line-in so you never actually have to switch the sound, but some KVM's do have sound.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Scooby   2004-10-30 14:37
Thanks Eric, I'll look around for it I know there is a solution for this some where. Thing is that I would like to keep using the DVI outs on the cards. Would using two identical DVI Dual KVMs work? I mean if I use the hot-keys to switch from one to the other would they both respond together? Know what I mean. Give me your inputs guys.

Thanks
ECarlson   2004-10-30 16:34
You should only need one dual-DVI KVM, since it will switch both monitors at the same time.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> KVM and Dual Displays