Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Counter-Strike dual monitors
Jazza   2004-11-09 00:11
Hey.

Im a CS player and I have recently hooked up a 2nd monitor, i mainly use the 2nd monitor for IRC and MSN.

Anyway, when I open up a game of CS, on my primary monitor it pushes everything on the 2nd monitor to the far right, is there any way to prevent this?

Cheers,

Jazza
Kyle   2004-11-09 02:11
I have this same problem with games only with the monitor to the right of the main monitor. The monitor on the left has no problems with it. When I run the game Ballistics I still have aim, MSN messenger, and Winamp all still open on the other 2 secondary monitors. The only way I can see this working is if you run the CS game at the same resoultino as your desktop resolution.

www.beyondthefield.ssbm.org
Seahorse   2004-11-09 04:35
It stops doing this when you add the third monitor;)

Unfortunately, I was never able to cure it other than by offsetting whatever I wanted to observe on the 2nd monitor before commencing gaming...

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com Deep sea Daddies...
syndicate   2004-11-13 13:16
jazza i am doing the same thing as you, just i wondered if u got it workin so if ur playing cs on one screen and u move ur mouse to the secondary and click on an app on the second CS minimized... did u fix this or what??
hey jazza hit me up on aim
aim sn = t12u5tn00n3
Maximo   2004-11-19 10:15
Run CS in the same resolution as your desktop and you should not have this problem. Say you are running your desktop at 1024x768 and CS is set to run at 800x600 then... if your graphics card can handle it... bump CS up to 1024x768.

HTH,

-Maximo
Skizo   2004-11-28 09:29
Not sure if this works for CS, but it does not work for Call of Duty.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Counter-Strike dual monitors