Forums -> Multiple monitors -> help with nvidia cards
Tashi   2004-11-15 14:37
i updated my drivers today and now it freezes when i try to start a extra monitor i have a geforce fxpersonnal cinema 5600 in the agp and a geforce fx 5200 in a pci slot
i have 1 monitor in the 5600 card,
and a monitor and compsite TV on the 5200.
now, i have a primary monitor running on the 5600, if i unplug my monitor from my 5200 it wont see my TV. any idea how to fix it, or a place for 3rd party drivers? cause this is the second time updating through nvidia's website has screwed up my computer.
Kyle   2004-11-16 02:10
I have the exact same problem with my setup.
AGP fx5200 128 mb (dvi, vga, s-video)1 monitor(not using dvi port or svideo port)
PCI fx5200 128 mb (vga, vga, s-video)
(using both vga ports so putting a 3rd monitor on wouldnt work because triple on that card isnt supported)

When I have my 3 crt's plugged into the vga ports and try to have my tv plugged into the AGP card's S-video port it won't recognize all 4 monitors at once. I have to disconnect one monitor for it to work on the tv.

So really I need help too.

www.beyondthefield.ssbm.org
Tashi   2004-11-18 18:53
i fixed the problem by going back to the drivers that came on the disc with one of my cards, it aint the best solution, but at least my computer doesnt lock up when i turn my extra monitor on.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> help with nvidia cards