Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Matrox Powerstrip - weird problem with resolution
odyssey   2004-11-20 04:19
Hi all - running XP pro with 3 monitors (Athlon 3200, Aopen A77x8max, 1gb 3200 DDR ram).
Card 1 is a Matrox G450 AGP dual head with 32mb memory Driving primary (21" Dell CRT @ 1280x 1024 32bit) and LH tertiary (Compaq tft5000 @ 1024x768 32bit).
Card 2 is Matrox Mill PCI 4mb driving secondary RH display (Eizo L66 TFT @1280x1024 24bit).
All installed and worked fine with standard win drivers, but I added Matrox powerstrip for the additional colour calibration tools. What happens is that on startup the resolution on display 2 looks kind of 'course', if I go into Powerstrip/display/configure/advanced timing and check the 'ultrafine granularity' box the display goes dark and is then perfect. I've tried saving the profile as a default but it won't 'stick', it will sometimes revert to 'course' after standby or hibernation and sometimes will be fine when the granularity is unchecked. It's not a mege-problem but it is annoying.
I'm considering removing powerstrip and make do with the less accurate colour calibration tools, but I'd prefer to solve the problem.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Matrox Powerstrip - weird problem with resolution