Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors, two cards
Tyler   2004-11-23 04:26
hey,

I have kind of a weird configuration but maybe someone here can direct me to solve the problem. I'm trying to do a triple monitor display with two cards. The first card is a ATI Radeon X300 PCI Express (which I'm currently running two monitors off of, a VGA and DVI-to-VGA.) The second card is an ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128 MB. Now looking through the database of systems, I see a lot of people use it as a secondary card.

My problem is that when I go into the display menu, the two extra monitor ports appear in the foggy, inactive stage. When I click enable, or add the monitor to the desktop settings, the icon illuminates until I hit apply, and then it just goes inactive again. The computer is recognizing the ports, but won't pump info to the monitors. Any tips to how I can get around this would be awesome. Thanks.

-tyler
Tashi   2004-11-28 12:56
it may be a driver problem, you may want to try some different ones. i use nvidia cards, so i cant give advise on which driver to try.
Kevin   2005-03-11 10:30
Tyler,
I am having the same problem with my ATI Radeon x300 card. It's a pci express. My second card is NVidia fx5500. I have 3 monitors,1 to the ATI and 2to the NVidia. I have the exact same problem, grayed out and then freezes up when click apply. Were you able to fix it and if so, what did it take? Let me know kev4956@yahoo.com

Kevin E
Asher   2005-03-16 19:21
That doesnt sounds promising for me, i have an ati radeon x300se pcie card and i have an nvidia fx 5200 pci card coming in the mail. i hope it works!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors, two cards