Forums -> Multiple monitors -> TNT2 M64 PCI
vanisher   2001-04-23 04:07
I wouldn't recommend this card for displaying your desktop at high resolution and 32-bit color (2D). It can't handle it. Scrolling becomes too jerky. 16-bit color is fine, though. Definitely not worth the $80 retail I paid for the Guillemot version at CompUSA. Yeah, I knew the price was high but I needed a second card ASAP to setup my multi-monitor madness.

But with the crappy 32-bit performance, I feel even more jipped.

That's all. :)
Alan Dean   2001-04-30 00:08
I have the opposite problem! I want to use an (OEM / Riva)TNT2 M64 PCI for a second monitor in a system with an on-board ATI Rage Pro adapter. Plugging in the TNT2 it becomes primary and the on-board is disabled.
Key to all these problems seems to be the means of enabling and disabling post-VGA on the card. I have totally failed to find the route to this, either via nVidia's (rudimentary) web site, or OEM. The board has as series of jumpers which may or may not be relevant (but must do something!).
Anyone know how (or how to find out) disabling post-VGA on the nVidia TNT2 M64 PCI, or a genuinely useful 'user guide' providing comprehensive config info?

regards, Alan Dean
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> TNT2 M64 PCI