Forums -> Multiple monitors -> MagicMedia 256AV , is ultramon what I need.
Chuck Chunder   2001-04-23 18:18
Howdy, I have a laptop (which will likely become ~1000 laptops if I get this working) with a NeoMagic MagicMedia 256AV installed.

Running Win98 I wish to be able to quickly and easily switch from displaying the screen on the laptop monitor to the attached vga monitor (and the other way round).

This can be done by clicking through the display properties, but that is going to be beyond what my users should be fiddling with. I need something like an icon on the desktop that just did it for them.

Will ultramon (and ultramon SDK?) help me here and if not, does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I should approach this?
Christian Studer   2001-04-24 10:40
I guess you want the same display on the laptop screen and the external monitor? UltraMon won't help with this, as far as I know switching the output of the built-in video card is solely a function of the display driver.

But I'll do some tests on my laptop, if I find out anything I'll post it here.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Chuck Chunder   2001-04-25 09:39
Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do.

Neomagic don't seem to give much away about their drivers on their website :(

Some laptops with this chipset have this function mapped to a keyboard key, but mine doesn't.

Oh well.
Christian Studer   2001-04-26 09:43
Looks like it could be done, found some interesting information: Windows 2000 Support for Mobile System Displays. But you'll have to talk to a device driver developer, I have no experience with driver development.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> MagicMedia 256AV , is ultramon what I need.