Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Windows won't recognize second monitor
Jon   2004-12-04 15:03
I can't get my graphics card/windows to recognize my second monitor. I thought ultramon would be able to solve this, but no such luck. I'm using one nvidia geforce fx 5600 for both monitors. When I first attached them a week ago, an nvidia program popped up and allowed me to configure the monitors. But when I restarted my computer later, that was gone and they had reset. Also, Windows is now saying that "This device cannot start". Not sure what this means. I uninstalled and reinstalled it with the newest drivers, but it still won't work.

Here's a screenshot:

My system and hard drive have been crapping out on me lately, and my graphics card isn't great - could this be the problem? I mean, they worked originally, so I doubt it, but I can't think of anything else.

Any help would be appreciated.
Seahorse   2004-12-04 23:03
Your card is fine for multimon. Sounds more like a OS problem. Have you tied using system restore to go back to when it was working properly/

Failing that, I would suggest some maiteneance on your setup, Here's one I wrote earlier

If all else fails, back up your Data and format C: A fresh install with Service pack 2 and curent drivers should see you alright...

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com - Deep sea Daddies...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Windows won't recognize second monitor