Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dual dvi / dual monitors
HiFiRE   2004-12-07 14:31
I got my nvidia 6600gt (dual-dvi) today and starting toying around with dual display. I'm having problems. The nvidia software isn't flexible so I tried ultramon.

Ultramon only sees one monitor. Is this a limitation of ultramon with dual dvi on a single video card?
ECarlson   2004-12-08 13:45
In what way is NVidia software inflexible? I've found it pretty flexible. Dual-DVI shouldn't cause any special problems.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Seahorse   2004-12-08 23:21
The nVidia software should spot it immediately and is a no brainer to set up. Dual view is the simplest setting to live with, Horizontal span for making games & viedos cover both monitors generally speaing.

Ultamon has little to do with the display, but does allow exta task bars on the other monitors. nView now includes the extra toolbar butons for bouncing windows round your displays etc...

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com - Deep sea Daddies...
Christian Studer   2004-12-09 02:44
You'll need to change to Dualview mode in order to use UltraMon, to do this go to advanced display properties, select the Nvidia tab, then change the mode under nView Display Mode.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
HiFiRE   2004-12-11 09:00
My problem stemmed from the fact that I did not reboot after connecting the second display. Only the nvidia sw knew there were two displays connected. Woops!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dual dvi / dual monitors