Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Video Monitor System
Tvos   2004-12-18 05:28
Friends,

Hope someone out there can save me some time and assistance. I'd like to have a triple video monitor system running on my pc. Right now I have a dual monitor w/no problems, but was wondering with the specs I'll give will it work with a 3rd monitor.

My main video card is a GEforce3 Nvidia agp. It has vga and dvi out. I also have a ati tech 3d rageII+ pci video card.

If I was to get a dvi to vga adapter for the agp card, would I be able to bring the 3rd monitor on-line and work with the other pci card?

Please email at tvos@ureach.com

Thank You,

Tvos
Christian Studer   2004-12-18 06:46
The GeForce3 only supports a single monitor at a time, you would need to get a second PCI card or replace the ATI with a dualhead PCI card.

When getting a second PCI card, make sure it is a recent one, two older PCI cards won't work (due to both having to be primary in BIOS).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Tvos   2004-12-18 08:32
Chris,

Why does my Geforce3 card have a dvi output connector and a vga connector? Would that be sufficient for the two monitors to work under that card or no?

What card do you suggest on the market today or older? Something that is in a reasonable price range. I am looking to spend under $100. used or refurbished.

Please advise.

Tvos
ECarlson   2004-12-18 14:47
Any GeForce4 or newer card with both connectors should work fine, and many are available for under $100 new.

The GeForce3 card has both connectors so you can chose which one to use. The GeForce3 cards simply don't have the capability to generate 2 separate video signals, but the GeForce4 and newer cards, and some GeForce2 cards do.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Tvos   2004-12-22 12:42
Chris Studer,

Thanks for the information. I got my radeon dual pci vga card and configured w/no problems. It rocks having the 3 monitors going now!!

Have a great christmas and 2005

Tvos
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Video Monitor System