Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Slightly OT - Monitor Flicker issues (not refresh rate!)
Rossco   2004-12-18 07:06
Hello all,
I run 2 Sony G420 Monitors with a Radeon 9000 128MB Video Card and over the last few months I have been noticing a wierd kind of flicker, which is mainly noticable in the white space of the doc.

lets say I have a copy of Word open and I minimize it then quickly maximise it again, the screen flickers a bit when maximising and you can see the white space slighlty flicker and change shades back and forth..

Any ideas?

Any help appreciated

kind regards

Rossco
ECarlson   2004-12-18 14:40
One possibility: If you are quickly changing from a large dark area to a large bright area (or the reverse) on a regular CRT monitor, it causes an abrupt change in the draw from the monitor's power sources, and if the regulation on those power sources isn't quick at responding to the change, you can see things fluctuate during those changes.

A monitor I use at work has seen better days, and the regulation circuitry is not very swift, so whenever I maximize a bright window on the dark background, the whole image size pulsates for a second. After a while you get used to it and you barely notice it, but it is very obvious to people seeing it for the first time.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Rossco   2004-12-19 04:45
Hi Eric,
thanks for that explanation, as I was worried that my monitor or video card may be on thier way out!!

Although the monitor is only 2 years old..

kind regards
Rossco
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Slightly OT - Monitor Flicker issues (not refresh rate!)