Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Two display with different res. - won't work
dan79   2004-12-21 07:44
Got a TFT at 1280x1024 (DVI) and a projector at 1280x720 (VGA) I can't find any settings to get them to work together, I want them to display the same image on each but at those resolutions. Every time I try to enable something in ultramon my nvidia setting gets changed from clone to multiview and part of the desktop ends up on the other screen.

Surely there must be a way to get this to work?
ECarlson   2004-12-21 14:06
I'm pretty sure (though I haven't confirmed) that the NVidia clone mode requires both monitors to use the same settings. Maybe the UltraMon clone mode would be more useful for what you are trying to do, but I don't have UltraMon, so I don't know much about how it works.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Christian Studer   2004-12-22 02:37
Make sure you are using Dualview mode, then select Mirroring > Settings from the UltraMon
menu to configure everything.

You can leave both the monitor and the projector at the default resolution, but I'm not sure how good this will look, due to the different aspect ratios of the two displays.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Boonebytes   2004-12-24 00:41
I have an nVidia card in my notebook. The only way to use the clone feature built into the driver is to set both to the same resolution. Unfortunately, my CRT monitor's max resolution is lower than the max resolution of the built-in laptop monitor. This causes a problem, as the laptop's screen can only be comfortably read from the max resolution (lower resolutions blur some of the words on the screen)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Two display with different res. - won't work