Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Yes on board video does work with pci video card for multiple monitors
Edwin H. Kluge Jr.   2004-12-21 15:01
I just got through reading alot and talking to the local computer pro's about how to hook up multiple monitors -everybody saying something different- well I have hooked up multiple monitors 18" + 14" on a emachines t2080 with xp home edition - after being told my computer was garbage, that it wouldnt work without a dual head video card that would cost 180.00, that 2 different sized monitors wouldnt work, the only help I found was about agp and onboard video, they dont work together since the onboard uses the agp you cant hook up an agp card it just disables the onboard - a pci does work with onboard video - you do have to set bios to choose initial display to pci - and I did have to set the resolution size of the new second monitor so web pages would display properly / Now I have all the dual monitorism that anybody could ever want and all cost me about 37.10 (good luck and remember persistence pays) oh yeah emachines chat support did tell me it could be done -many thanks to them- didnt even need to install drivers lol
Oakland Park Florida.Info

Edwin Howard Kluge Junior
Edwin H. Kluge Jr.   2004-12-21 15:18
Here again folks / here is a link to get a free taskbr for dual monitors - ~that Im using~ -
mmtaskbar2
lol

Edwin H. Kluge Jr.   2004-12-21 21:04
Here is another free program I found
multires

ECarlson   2004-12-22 15:21
I've also had dual monitors using the onboard with a PCI card, though if you prefer the single-card AGP option, a dual-out AGP card can be had for well under $100. You can also get dual-out PCI cards for under $100. Or get both, and run 4 monitors.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Edwin H. Kluge Jr.   2005-01-03 03:59
the database & gallery configuration # for my computer is 6696

Edwin H. Kluge Jr.   2005-01-31 23:32
Back again - here is a program that allows you to have a slide show on your dual monitor system
MultiShow

ECarlson   2005-02-01 14:02
You should start a new thread about all the multi-monitor related apps you found. I think a lot of people might be interested.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Yes on board video does work with pci video card for multiple monitors