Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nForce4 3 Monitors
Tang   2004-12-25 12:20
Ok. I got the Asus A8N. I have two 6600gt's. I have three monitors. I just can't get Horizontal Span to work with three monitors. When I goto the advance setup for the nvidia drivers it displays 2 vid cards. Therefore I can't tell it to span all three. I can span the two monitors on one of the cards, but that's defeating the purpose. I came here to see if the multi-monitor gurus can come up with a solution.
Tang
Seahorse   2004-12-25 22:57
I look foward to the solution, I have the same problem. I'm not sure that there is one...:(

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com Deep sea Daddies...
ECarlson   2004-12-26 04:04
Has anyone ever heard of horizontal span working across 2 video cards? I haven't, so if anyone has, please post links to the information, because I'm sure lots of people here would be interested.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Tang   2004-12-28 08:26
That's excattaly what I'm trying to do. Yes any info would be great.
xoff   2004-12-29 19:26
Hi all,

It seems that this is due to driver (Nvidia's) limitation

I am lloking forward too to change my Parhelia based system to a sli enabled one.
In fact the forceware driver recognise the cards as 2 video cards so until the driver is not able to emulate both sli cards into one device a three monitors "surround gaming" configuration won't work properly.
Look toward nvidia's driver release
Cheers
Starius   2004-12-31 14:47
I just put together a Asus A8N-SLI system this week with 2 6800 GT cards, and I've spent all day trying to get triple monitors to work. No matter the configuration, it just see's 2 monitors.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one trying to do this.

Does anyone actually know if this is something they're working to add in future drivers? Utilizing a triple monitor desktop is actually my primary reason for going with this hardware. I wasn't aware I'd have this limitation originally.
Starius   2005-02-21 01:48
I forgot about this thread. I eventually got it all figured out. Just had to enable "Dual view" on each card in the driver settings. Hope everyone else figured that out too. ;)
ECarlson   2005-02-21 13:44
Starius: Your solution is for extended desktop, which most people get working with no problem, on any number of monitors and cards (There are sometimes exceptions, and they get posted here, when people want help).

The original thread was about using Span mode across more that 2 monitors, which is a very different ball of wax.

Span mode fools Windows into thinking all the monitors together are just realy one big monitor, and only works across 2 monitors on most cards (and across 3 on certain Matrox cards).

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Starius   2005-02-22 03:25
Ah, yes, I see. I've never had trouble with span mode across two monitors. I'm not aware of any possibility that spans a desktop over more than 1 video card. Matrox Parahelia cards will span over 3 monitors I believe, since it's a single card.
Seahorse   2005-02-22 06:22
The principle aim for the majority of us is either spanning a game or video across all 3. Video is do-able with some software like video saver, but in the past it was easy using span across 2, something which has become more awkward in recent times.

I still work under the computer maxim that if you can think of it - someone has written it.

I keep thinking about a driver or piece of software for 3 or more monitor spanning...;)

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com Deep Sea Daddies...
Jonathan   2005-10-02 06:06
Starius (or anyone familiar with this):

"Just had to enable "Dual view" on each card in the driver settings."

Can you explain where in the driver settings you found the option referred to above?

When I open display/settings/advanced, I see settings options for my (AGP) GeForce 5900XT, but not the (PCI) GeForce 5200. The device is installed in windows, and windows says it is functioning. I have not yet found any way to see or change settings for the PCI card.

- Jonathan Murray
JRT   2005-10-08 05:53
I believe that to manage multiple NVIDIA cards you have to have the NVIDIA NVIEW installed. I have 2 cards, a GeForce2MX400 and a FX 5200 and can see both, change settings etc.

My problems are somewhat different and would appreciate some guidance.

Issue 1: I tried to run a NVIDIA verto agp GF6600 with my current PCI FX5200. Both are dual head. The system hangs on boot.

Reverted to my old system.

Issue 2: On the FX 5200 (dual port) I cannot enable dual view so I end up with clone or span on that card. Unfortunately this does not help with my applicaiton. If I disable the MX400 I am able to use dualview. Does any one have a solution or advice?

Thanks a lot!

JRT
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nForce4 3 Monitors