Forums -> Multiple monitors -> "Co-Create Instance" error...Help!
Killet   2001-04-26 01:18
OK, I had dual monitors running fine with a CL Graphics Blaster PCI card with Voodoo2 sli PCI as the primary display and a SiS 6326 AGP card as the secondary display and all was well. Naturally I had to upgrade and replaced the CL Graphics Blaster PCI card with Voodoo2 sli PCI with a Hercules Prophet2 32 mb pci card. I have the drivers version 11.00. Now the secondary display doesnt display anywhere and everytime I enter settings I get this "Co-CreateInstance" error, I can close this and get into display settings but theres no secondary card showing. However I do get the dual monitors setup screen but I think its because the drivers are generic for the Prophet2 dual head card. I tried installing the other pci card but got no display at all on bootup. I'm running an Abit BH6, cel 600 with 256 mb ram and Win98. I think this is a driver issue but am wondering if I can get around it without reverting to older drivers that dont support dual head cards.

Any help would be appreciated
Thx
Killet   2001-07-27 01:59
bump, surely someone has fixed this problem...HELP!

Thx
Killet   2001-09-18 09:16
Bump. I upgraded to the Visiontek MX400 64 mb card. Same error, running the 21.81's now..same deal. Any ideas?
Thx
MarcelMusicman   2001-09-19 21:05
I have the same error-message. Don't know where it comes from. I have STB 4400 video-card with TV-out. My problem is, that since I get that error-message, I can not display on my Television screen anymore. I don't know what to do either.....
Killet   2001-09-25 03:27
have you been able to get 2 monitors running while getting that message?
Killet   2001-11-19 06:33
bump...anyone..please...
Terry   2001-11-23 23:05
What I do when my multiple monitors act funny.

Reboot into safe mode (hold down [ctrl] while windows is booting)
Go into device manager ([win]+[pause])
REMOVE all of the cards and monitors.
Reboot and let Windows find them again (either using its default drivers or the updated ones from the net).

If that fails... try phyisically removing the cards and putting them in different slots, see if that helps. Might be worth checking the jumpers on them to see if they've got IRQ settings that could be causing a problem.

Terry
Killet   2002-01-15 00:07
Hmm well an update is in order I guess, I kept having the same problem as before and just suffered with it. Decided to install a voodoo2 card for some older games last week. Once I installed the voodoo2 card and drivers the "Co-CreateInstance error" went away. I dunno whats going on with it, everything seems fine now. Maybe I'll add the additional card now for the second monitor and give it a try again.
Thx for the help
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> "Co-Create Instance" error...Help!