Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is there a way to not minimize fullscreen games when alt-tabbing to the second monitor?
Nebben   2004-12-30 16:23
Is there a way to not minimize fullscreen games when alt-tabbing to the second monitor?

I.E. I'm playing Quake fullscreen, and I have Trillian running on the 2nd monitor, and want to reply to someone but don't want Quake to be minimized when I alt-tab - is it possible to just switch but keep the game running fullscreen?

Thanks, I just got a second monitor running for the first time thanks to the lovely Voodoo2 driver hack thing. By the way, it works perfectly on WinXP.
Max   2004-12-31 21:35
If you play a game in full screen on the primary monitor, you shouldn't be able just to use
another application on the secondary monitor, right ? the full screen feature (AFAIK) inhibit for some (strange:) reason to use not full screen
applications on other monitors, so I find more convenient to disable secondaries and use one thing at a time on the primary monitor, Im not sure there's a way to use independent settings
fullscreen or windowed on different monitors..

(As Far As I know ;)
michael whitby   2005-01-06 08:50
Hello! i have the same question - id absolutely love to be able to do this but i dont reckon its possible n i dont wanna run the games in windowed mode, hope its do-able!
TechnoAlchemy   2005-02-08 15:02
I'd like to hear if such a thing's possible myself. I can set things in the secondary monitor, such as AIM, and new messages come in and display just fine. The minute I try to interact iwth any one of them, however, whatever game I'm running in primary minimizes.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is there a way to not minimize fullscreen games when alt-tabbing to the second monitor?