Forums -> Multiple monitors -> issues with 2 of the same PCI card?
Tom   2005-01-01 06:56
I currently have a radeon 7500 pci card as my secondary and I'm planning on purchasing another identical card to add 2 more monitors. Does anyone know if there will be problems having 2 cards exactly the same?
Mulit-Mon-Man   2005-01-01 15:11
Regarding multiple identical video cards in a single system:
I have tried this before with old (really old) 4MB cards a while back without any results. My system would get confused and not boot. However, with the advancement of todays cards I cannont guarentee that this would be the case.
I recently contacted Diamond regarding one of their products (the Diamond Stealth S60 dual head card based on the Radeon 7000 chipset) and they told me that two identical cards in one system would indeed support up to 4 monitors indepentently.

So I guess the answer is, "It depends on the cards you choose."

I am interested in the results though. Let me know if you get it to work, and if you needed to do anything special to do so. Don't forget to mention what cards you are using as well.

Hope this helps.

MM&M
Tom   2005-02-25 17:39
I had no problems getting two identical cards to function. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro AGP, and two Radeon 7500 PCI cards. Required no work other than a reboot to get second card running. Its a bit confusing to know which card is which in display properties since both have the same name.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> issues with 2 of the same PCI card?